Own Your Beauty!

Monday, August 30, 2010

Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail

So after a great first week of school, I set myself up for the second week...to fail. Ok, so maybe failure is a harsh word. But I ended up NOT going to the grocery store yesterday to replenish my important basics of yogurt, almond milk and frozen spinach. I also fell into the trap of not falling asleep until late last night which means I overslept this morning and only had 20 minutes to get ready and out the door.

So what does that mean? It means that fortunately I had muffins still that I grabbed for breakfast, but no protein smoothie which means I need to be aware if I am more hungry than usual later today. It also means no morning snack of yogurt and granola, so again...lighter eating this morning means I need to be aware of my body later if I feel more hungry than normal. It also means I didn't have time to pack a lunch so I will have to buy something from the fast food wasteland that is campus. And being aware of my overly carb happy breakfast, I probably want to go with something more protein packed for lunch so that I don't TOTALLY crash this afternoon.So yes...this boys and girls is an example of "When you fail to plan, you plan to fail!" We will pretend I did it on purpose so at to serve as a valuable lesson to you all ;-)

So how am I salvaging this day?
1) I still rode my bike to school so I am still getting exercise.
2) I grabbed 2 muffins, one for breakfast and one for an afternoon snack so I don't fade too badly
3) I am going to make the healthiest lunch choice from the options available - possibly a veggie burrito or sushi and fruit
4) I am going to the grocery store after work to get those things I am missing
5) I am going to turn off the super awesome Quantum Leap reruns at a decent time tonight and get some real sleep (Did I just reveal what a geek I am? Because I totally have had a thing for Dean Stockwell since I was like 10 years old!)


Happy Monday everyone!

2 comments:

  1. It was very kind of you to make this sacrifice in order to remind me to make plans! That is totally not my strong suit.
    Your sweet potato muffins look delicious! Thanks for the vegan tip too. We have a bunch of sweet potatoes in the fridge, I may make these tonight if I don't end up working late.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I must make sacrifices to be the shining (or rather tarnished) example of behavior...it's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it! I just won't make it a regular lesson ;-)

    The big reason I gave a special note on making it vegan with a combination of egg replacers is because I have foind that when you need to replace more than 1-2 eggs it starts getting a little funky if you only use 1 type of replacer. So that is why I would recommend maybe doing 1-2 "flax eggs" and then a mashed banana for consistency.

    I am also going to try this next time using Stevia instead of sugar and I will probably bump up the amount of sweet potato and applesauce to replace the bulk that the sugar provides. So really, any combination of extra fruit or sweet potato puree would probably work for that too.

    Just a couple thoughts I was having on the muffins today!

    ReplyDelete