Own Your Beauty!

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cinnamon Love

So my new favorite dessert is cinnamon baked apples.  I have discovered that I can’t keep chocolate in the house because SOMEONE turns into a chocolate monster and eats it all when I’m not looking!!  Oh, wait, I live alone…nevermind, it’s just me.  Well in any case, my inner chocolate monster has made it so that I am taking a break from keeping any sweets in the house for the time being. 

So instead I pretty much always have a bag of apples hanging around, and this is my new go to snack-um in the evenings when I am looking for something a little sweet

Cinnamon Apples: (Serves 1)

1-2 apples – sliced thin

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp sugar

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 deg and lightly grease a cookie sheet (or cover with parchment paper)

Combine the cinnamon and sugar – I like to make a mix of 1 part cinnamon to 2 parts sugar and just keep it mixed up in a sandwich baggie with my spices so it is all ready and the sugar gets nice and cinnamon infused.

Toss the apple slices with the cinnamon-sugar and let rest for about 5 minutes.  This macerates the apples and gets the juices flowing a bit.

Spread the apple slices out in a single layer on the pan.  Give the slices some space, but it is ok if they are overlapping a bit.

Bake for 10-15 min, stirring once halfway through, until they are a bit translucent and a nice caramel brown.

Eat!!  I like them all by themselves, they would also be delicious over icecream or pancakes, or even chopped up smaller and mixed into greek yogurt.  Nom Smile

Also a gratuitous picture of my weekend knitting project – a scarf for a Secret Santa gift.  It’s going to be purty!

No comments:

Post a Comment